Blog Archive

Tuesday 9 October 2012

My evaluation of Rachel's analysis on Black swan

Reading Rachel's analysis on the Black Swan gave me a wider knowledge on the codes and conventions of psychological thrillers. Rachel started explaining about how the title sequences were very simple as only two colors were used. She also successfully described the transitions of the text fading in and out of the screen. This has taught me that the opening of films do not always need to be extravagant as the Black Swan has made a successful title sequence. Rachel has also spoke about how drama and tension is created through the music. This is significant because it will help us, as a group create music which will achieve the same affect. In addition to this, Rachel went further and print screened the title sequence and labelled it which has helped me as I could see the title sequence for myself. Rachel has overall brought a lot of knowledge about psychological thrillers to the group as I have feel like by reading Rachel's analysis I have gained a more advanced understanding on them. It will also help us if we decide to make a psychological thriller as we now know the basic codes and conventions that are used throughout and within an opening. If I was to give Rachel any personal advice about how to improve her analysis I would say focus more on the titles and add more analysis to the mise-en-scene but overall I think Rachel has done a very good job. 









No comments:

Post a Comment