Tuesday 27 November 2012

Importance of Story boarding

Today in class we discussed why story boarding was important in our process of making our opening sequences. At first I didn't quite understand the impact a storyboard could have on the coursework.

So why is it important to story board? These are some examples we found out in class:

  • It displays a brief outline of what your finished piece may look like
  • Links planning to filming process
  • Pitching an idea
  • Visualize links between shots, action, graphic matches
  • Timing
  • Revise narrative and sequencing
  • Change to make decisions and revisions
We then went onto looking at a short extract from the person who created the story board for the film The Sixth Sense. Looking at this video improved my understanding of how the story board will help me and my group if we have done our story board well. Things which I have learnt after the video is..
  • After looking and reviewing your story board you can see mistakes you have made
  • How the director needs to tell the story
  • Allows you to think ahead
Overall, I think today's lesson has been successful as I have fully understood why story boarding will help me and my group when it comes to creating our final piece. I think that when I come to make my story board I will understand the amount of detail and effort I need to put in to save things going wrong when filming my opening sequence. I can now start thinking about how my story board may look like and see if what I am creating is effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment