Thursday 20 December 2012

Evaluation of Continuity Task

What have I learnt from it?

From taking part in the continuity, it has evidently added to my understanding of film making process. I have learnt that you must need to make your storyboard in detail. Before doing the task I had a brief understanding on why story boarding was important but I had no idea on the depth of the detail which should be put into the storyboard. In the storyboard, me and my group tried to include all the different aspects of sound, editing and camera. However, we only used terms which only summarised what we needed to include. This did not help us whilst filming as we had to include extra parts, extra shots to make sure the clips flow properly. When making my actual storyboard I now know that I need to make sure everything is in detail so when I start filming I will not need to add and take away aspects. 

The shot list of the continuity task did help me and my group as we were precised. We worked on the timing largely to make sure that we knew the exact times of how long each of the clips would be. From this I can use these basic skills and develop them when making my actual shot list. The filming which took place within my group was very good as, as a group we were very organised. We made sure that we had all the props, actors and storyboard ready so that we could get straight into filming. The only challenged we faced whilst filming was the noise in the background was very loud which would have distracted the attention away from the clips. This has taught me that I need to think about the location of the setting and evaluate the sounds in the background to make sure it is the appropriate place to have the filming at. Furthermore, the editing was successful as each of the clips flowed (apart from a few which we decided to take out) - Apart from that the editing ran smoothly. By doing this I have also built upon my skills with using the software, Adobe Premiere which is good because I will be frequently using it when coming to editing my real coursework piece.

1 comment:

  1. Jess! Your blog so far is ACE! Well Done! Keep doing what you are doing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete