Sunday 16 December 2012

Continuty Task First Cut

Problems we faced  - (First cut of contintuy task)

  • Our story board wasn't detailed enough which is why we ended up adding into the clip extra shots 
  • One of the shots we had to change as we needed a stack of paper but it kept falling over so we decided we need to use a paper shelf so the paper will not physical fall over
  • Narrative was too simple - this restricted our group technically as the storyline was simple, consisting of the same type of shots
  • No non diagetic sound was included - struggled to find the appropiate sound which will fit in with the clip

How we are going to overcome these problems in our real story board?

  • Make sure when we create our real storyboard we go into detail so that we do not have to add in any extra shots 
  • Try out all the different kinds of shots to see if they work so that we do not have to change it last minute
  • Research into different kinds of music - seeing which ones suit the clip and which ones don't.

The software used was Adobe Premiere Pro. I was considerably new to this software but due to the extra lesson and the amount of editing time we spent I have gained key skills which will help me when making my opening sequence. I still think I have a lot to learn with the software, however, me and my group managed to make a successful first cut of our continouty task with the brief, basic skills we have learnt. 




Overall, the filming of the continuity task has been successful in teaching me why the story boarding is significant and how it plays a large roll when making our real one. By looking at and evaluation the specific problems me and my group faced it helps us view and overcome the problems, it also helps us not make the same mistake again. Finding a solution for each of the problems will also help us when coming to story boarding and filming as we can now learn from the previous problems we have faced.


No comments:

Post a Comment