Monday 17 December 2012

First Attempt of Editing - Recreation

Last week in Media we were given a short task of recreating a title sequence which have been made from previous students. We were given the raw files for the final piece which were all in the wrong order - challenging us to rearrange the files and make clean cuts to make the clips flow. In addition to this, we had to add the sound and titles into the video. In order to do this activity we used Adobe Premiere Pro software which I was not confident with at is a new program to me.

Strengths: The editing was smooth and roughly accurate - helping the extract run efficinatly. Titles were successfully added in the same font, colour and positioning which make it similar to the real title sequence.

Weaknesses: The timing of our video was slightly longer than the original as we did not manage to cut the clips at the right time. The sound did not come in at the time which stopped the video from looking realistic. Lastly, we missed out some of the clips which is why some of the music was hard to fit in.

 
Overall, I have benefited from this task an extreme amount as from my weaknesses I can highlight the challenges I faced and think of ways to overcome them. The real challenge I faced was using a new software  however, now I have briefly used it I feel confident to use it again in my my real coursework piece as I have got to grips with the main features. 

No comments:

Post a Comment